Friday, September 4, 2020

I Cheated on American Donuts With House of Donas

I cheated on American Donuts with House of Donas, but don't judge me until you read the whole story.

So a few weeks ago, I wrote about how much I loved American Donuts, a new shop that opened up in Cordoba City. I called their donuts the best donuts in the city, but in hindsight, that might have been premature.

We recently found another place that makes donuts and they offer some pretty tasty donuts too, including one flavor that American Donuts doesn't currently offer...Boston Cream donuts. I found this a bit ironic since in my last post, I mentioned how American Donuts didn't have donuts filled with Bavarian cream.

Fortunately, House of Donas does.

The only problem is that they don't deliver to our area. They don't even have a shop, but I wasn't about to let that stop us. So, after placing the order, I took a cab, but the driver couldn't find the exact location so they just dropped me off near a gas station.

After roaming around an unfamiliar neighborhood for about twenty minutes, I reached out to House of Donas on Whatsapp, and they guided me to a nearby apartment complex. A few minutes later, an extremely kind lady came out with my boxes.

Once I got home, we opened the boxes and were pleasantly surprised by how delicious the donuts looked. We couldn't wait to dig in!
House of Donas in Cordoba, Argentina
The two donuts on the top are glazed lemon (glaseada de limon). The two donuts in the middle are cinnamon, and the two donuts on the bottom are Boston Cream with chocolate.
House of Donas in Cordoba, Argentina
The top four donuts are powdered with sugar and have a jelly filling. The two donuts on the bottom are Boston Cream with white chocolate. 
House of Donas in Cordoba, Argentina
Of course, the main reason we picked House of Donas was because of the Boston Cream flavor and they did not disappoint. 
House of Donas in Cordoba, Argentina
These are also Boston Cream donuts but the top parts got a little messed up because I stacked all the boxes on top of them.
House of Donas in Cordoba, Argentina
The two donuts on top are cinnamon flavored while the ones in the middle and on the bottom have a pink glaze with sprinkles on top.
House of Donas in Cordoba, Argentina
This is the Choco-Lovers Box which costs $450. The flavors include: 
  • Milka Oreo
  • Cofler Block
  • Snickers
  • Nutella

I should point out that these delicious flavors are only available for a limited time. But given how popular and tasty they are, I'm pretty sure that at some point, they'll become part of the regular menu.

So, would we order from House of Donas again? Absolutely! There are plenty of other flavors we're looking forward to trying real soon. And if you're living in Cordoba City, check out their Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment