Monday, April 4, 2022

Quick Expat Blog Update

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been MIA over the last couple of weeks, but I've been pretty busy adjusting to my new role as an online English teacher. 


I'll admit that I never really saw myself becoming a teacher mainly because I hated school as a kid. It's most likely why I limited my career to corporate business, finance, and eventually writing. But life is constantly pulling funny tricks on me, especially since the hubs and I moved to Argentina in 2012. Now, here I am. Just call me Professor George hahaha. But don't feel bad for me because I genuinely love teaching, and my students are extraordinary individuals!


In other news: The hubs and I recently celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary at Tucson Steak House, which is one of our favorite restaurants in Cordoba City. The menu prices definitely went up since the last time we ate here (in late 2020), and the ribs were a lot bonier than meaty. But the important thing is that we were able to go out (at last) and enjoy a nice meal together. 

We'll also be celebrating 21 years of being together this November. Now, some people have asked us how we've lasted this long, and I'm going to level with you. It hasn't always been a bed of roses. Sometimes, we love each other and sometimes we get on each other's nerves. This has been particularly true over the last two years as we've endured life in virtual seclusion because of the pandemic. We've broken up three times in the last (nearly) 21 years, but we've bounced back every time and with a better understanding of one another. On occasion, we've made some course corrections and discussed things to keep the relationship fresh and interesting. But to quote Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd--two of the most iconic lovers in TV history--we've promised "to love each other even when we hate each other." And neither one of us sees that ever changing.

As far as the blog is concerned, I still intend to pop up every now and then and post about things that are relevant to expat life in Argentina. So check back soon because I'll be posting about how Argentina is faring during the pandemic in 2022. Relax! It's actually good news for a change!


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment