Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Oklahoma Club is One Burger Club I'm Hungry to Join

When locals ask me, "what's the best burger in the United States," my automatic response is either McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's. Admittedly, this is an utter lie. The reason why we love these fast food joints is out of a sense of tradition. I've been eating at these places for as long as I can remember. I went with my parents, with my friends, and eventually, my husband. Now don't get me wrong. Their burgers are delicious, even if the service isn't so great, the order is wrong, or the food is cold. But there are other restaurants that don't necessarily have the reputation of these franchises but still whip out some pretty decent food, and that's been our experience living abroad.

Our latest burger love interest is a restaurant called Oklahoma Club. 

They're located in Avenida 24 de Septiembre 1946 in Córdoba City. We haven't had the pleasure of going in person to look at their menu because of social distancing. But over the weekend we were introduced to Oklahoma Club's delicious burgers courtesy of our dear friend, Franco.

Although the Argentine government has given the thumbs up on going to to restaurants, Zach and I are playing it safe and staying home until there's a vaccine for this pandemic or the number of infected goes down. But we still found a way to hang with Franco through Zoom. And to make it extra special, we chose to order from the same restaurant so while we chatted, we would essentially be eating the same food.
Oklahoma Club and their delicious burgers in Cordoba, Argentina
I'm the one with the glasses. Zach's the one next to me and the one with the headphones is Franco

Once our food was delivered, I dug into the bag and took the burgers out. But once I unwrapped them, my first thought was that these burgers were too small. But you know how they say that good things come in small packages? Well in this case, they're right.

Oklahoma Club and their delicious burgers in Cordoba, ArgentinaOklahoma Club and their delicious burgers in Cordoba, Argentina
The burger had two layers of meat patties, cheddar cheese and red peppers on the bottom. There was also a hint of spice to it which we loved. It didn't come with lettuce and tomatoes but that's okay because I'm not a big fan of either if these things in a burger.
Oklahoma Club and their delicious burgers in Cordoba, Argentina
Once I took a bite, I was in love. The burger was tasty and juicy unlike those vacuum packed patties they serve at most fast food restaurants. My mouth was watering with each bite, and I have to say I wanted another one.

But there are different types of burgers available, some of which come with lettuce and tomato like the classic burger. There are other delicious options like the Oklahoma, the Quarto, the Bacon, and the Cheeseburger options. If you want to see what these delicious burgers look like, you can check out Oklahoma Club's Instagram.

The prices vary. If you want a simple, one patty burger, it's $300. A double patty burger will cost you $350, and a triple will run you $400. You can also order extra meat, cheddar and bacon for a small fee. And before I forget I'd like to point out that these prices are in Argentine pesos.

Oklahoma Club offers delivery and take out, but not dine in service.

Business Hours
Mondays and Tuesdays - Closed
Wednesdays - Sunday from 8 pm to 12 am.

So, if you're an expat or a local living in Cordoba City, Argentina, and you love burgers, then give Oklahoma Club a try. I know they've already won me over as a lifetime member with their juicy burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment