Friday, September 13, 2013

ConComics Argentina 2013: Meeting Jason Faunt, The Red Time Force Ranger

Well... it’s that time of the year when people start behaving like characters from The Big Bang Theory. I’m talking about the Comic Con… or rather ConComics Argentina 2013! 
Click play on the video above to see what the 2013 convention was like.

Last year’s ConComics was not up to par with the Comic Cons in the States, and I was a little nervous that we might have been wasting our money buying tickets for this event. In 2012, many people, including myself, had complained on the ConComics site that the event was too small and didn’t offer enough recognizable celebrity guests. Well, they must have listened because the 2013 ConComics in Cordoba, Argentina was filled with merchandise and people from different provinces. 
There were more pins, memorabilia and T-shirts from various films, TV shows and anime, and since we had a lot more spending money this year, we splurged! 
Before we went, I put on my Doctor Who socks, and my Dalek t-shirt in honor of this year’s Doctor Who 50th Anniversary. My spouse, Zach wore a Tardis t-shirt to show his support as well. 
Cosplay is a big thing in this event. A lot of people are quite inventive when it comes to making their own costumes. 
Of course, the biggest event, at least for me, was meeting celebrity guest Jason Faunt. Jason starred on Power Rangers Time Force as Wes Collins, the Red Ranger, and also his future counterpart, Alex. He was the coolest. He answered fan questions and he took his time in getting to know his fans. He took photos with everyone and signed just about anything. If people didn’t have, or couldn’t afford a photo of him, he’d sign the back of cell phones and even blank paper. He was even kind enough to allow me to film a shout out to my friend Joey in Colorado, who is also a fan. Jason’s autograph line was the longest of all the other guests, but that wasn't a surprise to anyone.   

Click play on the video to watch Jason Faunt answer questions on stage.
I’d say that this was quite an enjoyable Comic Con convention for both of us, and I look forward to an even bigger convention (hopefully) in 2014 with more amazing guests like Jason Faunt. 
For now, we'll cherish the memories of holding light sabers, and joining Umbrella Corporation and taking down zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment