Monday, July 1, 2013

Argentine Product Pricing Comparison 2013

One of the things that may surprise tourists and expats when they step foot in Argentina are the prices. While some items are relatively cheap, others, like toys and electronics are a bit more expensive. This would explain why I haven't seen a Toys R Us around here. It probably wouldn't make any money from locals.

I was honestly floored by the prices during my first few weeks here, but after doing the conversion from Argentine pesos to U.S. dollars, I realized other items, such as food, are relatively affordable. 

The price conversion you see in this entry are based on the Argentine peso vs U.S. dollar ratio as of July 1st, 2013.

So, here are a few items. Take a look for yourself, and let me know what you think. I'll be monitoring the prices and posting updated comparisons over the next few years.
Trix Cereal = 26.75 Argentine Pesos = 4.97 USD
Ham and Cheese Sandwich – 46.90 Argentine Pesos = 8.71 USD

Power Rangers Action Figure = 369.00 Argentine Pesos = 68.52 USD

Doll House Sets – 320.00 Argentine Pesos = 59.42 USD

Hello Kitty – 189.00 Argentine Pesos = 35.00 USD

Ben 10 Book Bag – 409.00 Argentine Pesos = 75.95 USD

Board Game – 329.00 Argentine Pesos = 61.00 USD


 84.90 Argentine Pesos = 15.74 USD


 1,099 Argentine Pesos = 203.71 USD

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you! I would like to move to Buenos Aires in the future but I want to bring clothes and house goods with me as I found when I was living there as a student that clothes especially are more expensive and bad quality compared to what you can find in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had some issues with the clothes as well. They seem to come apart at the seam after a couple of washes. I miss JCPenny. I always found decent clothes at reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete